How to sync textbox form fields?
Wed, 12 Oct, 2022
Copied to clipboard
BoldSign has Data Sync Tag support for the textbox form field. This feature allows the value entered in one textbox to be automatically filled in all other textboxes that are synced.
Sync the textboxes
- Click Create new button from the dashboard and select the Create New Document option.
- Fill in all the required fields on the prepare document page and then click Next to move to the Configure fields page.
- Drag and drop two or more textbox form fields into the document.
- When you click a textbox, textbox settings will open on the right side of the page, where you can find the Data Sync Tag field.
- Enter a value in the Data Sync Tag field. Special characters are not allowed in the Data Sync Tag field.
- Then, enter the same value in the Data Sync Tag field of another textbox.
- Now, the textboxes with the same Data Sync Tag values will be synced.
- You can set the character limit in the Fixed width column and textbox validation in the Validation column. It will be applied to all textboxes with the same Sync Tag value.
- You can also set the font style in the Font field. But it will not be reflected in the synced textboxes. You must set the font style for each textbox separately.
- After filling in all the fields, click the Send button. The signature request will be successfully sent to the signer.
- When the signer enters a value in the Textbox field, the same value will be filled automatically in all the synced textboxes.