Self-Signing a document
Mon, 15 Mar, 2021
Copied to clipboard
The process to self-sign a document is very similar to the process of sending out for signature to others. The detailed steps involved are given below:
- Click the “Create New” button at the top of the screen and choose the “Create New Document” option.
- Choose any one of the supported file types from your computer or from your cloud drive. We support PDF, JPG, PNG and DOCX files but PDF is the preferred format so try to use that if possible. You can even drag files directly from your computer on to the dotted target area.
- Add more files if required, by following the same process outlined in the previous step.
- You are the only recipient so click “Add me” to add yourself.
- You can add anyone who needs to be sent a copy of the signed document by adding their email address to the CC box.
- The document title lets you specify a unique title that will be used to identify this document within BoldSign. This name will also be specified in the signature request email that is sent to all the recipients.
- A default title is provided based on the file that you had uploaded earlier but you can always change it if required. It is a good practice to make sure that the document name given would uniquely identify this document.
- You can ignore the remaining settings in this page since they are not relevant to self-signing scenario and click the “Next” button at the top right corner of the screen to advance to the next step.
- You can drag and drop any required fields from the fields list on to the document surface and assign them to each of the signers.
- The label is a special type of field that lets you add some content in the document before it is sent for signature. Please note that this is not a field for the recipient to fill but is a field for the sender to fill before sending. It is as if this content was part of the document even before it was uploaded to BoldSign.
- A signature dialog will be shown when you add a signature field to the document since you will be signing the document as you are preparing it. Select one of the pre-defined signature font styles, draw your own signature or even upload an image containing your signature.
- Click the “Accept & Use” button to insert your signature into the signature field. This process is only required for the first signature field since we remember your signature for the next time. You can also edit your signature by clicking on the filled signature field, this will bring up the signature dialog again.
- That’s it, you have successfully self-signed your first document using BoldSign. A copy of the signed document will be sent to your email.